Baby "E"

Baby "E"

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Land of the Living Skies


I am most productive and do most of my creative thinking between midnight and 2AM (I think I was a nocturnal creature in a former life!). I was born and raised a Saskatchewan girl, and I appreciate the beauty of this province's Living Sky... especially at night! When the Aurora Borealis start to dance, a thunderstorm rolls in or the meteor showers start in August, I run for my camera and order my Husband to get me as far away from the city lights as he can! Sometimes the camera doesn't capture what the eye can see, and other times, the camera sees so much more that is seen by the eye. The photograph here was taken on an evening when the Northern Lights were faintly dancing in the sky. I wasn't sure how vivid the colours would show up, but I was pleasantly surprised when I got home and downloaded the images. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment